Aaron practices in the areas of trademark and copyright. His practice spans the United States and numerous other countries, and focuses on the law and business associated with complex trademark and copyright matters.
Aaron’s clients rely on him not only for his technical legal skills, but also for his ability to understand and speak the language of business. His clients trust in his strategic and tactical advice with respect to developing, enforcing and defending intellectual property rights.
Aaron’s practice includes trademark search and clearance, prosecution and enforcement. He also advises clients on various copyright matters, including licensing and enforcement, domain name matters, grey market goods and online marketplace infringement.
Aaron regularly represents clients in trademark Oppositions and Cancellations proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. He also represents clients in federal court in connection with trademark and copyright infringement actions. Aaron works with a deep network of foreign counsel to protect his clients’ intellectual property rights around the world.
Aaron’s diverse client base ranges from Fortune 500 companies to smaller businesses, and includes well-known apparel companies, wineries, software developers, specialty food companies and artists. Some of Aaron’s more notable clients include Under Armour, Bright Horizons, Kurgo, Bodegas Ordonez, SeaVees, The North Face, Timberland, Kipling, Quinn Popcorn, Codiscope, The Jackfruit Company, India Hicks, Wine Riot and Elysium Health.
Aaron received his J.D. and Master of Intellectual Property from Franklin Pierce Law Center (now University of New Hampshire School of Law).
- Prevailed in a Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) arbitration proceeding where client had only unregistered trademark rights.
- Successfully represented numerous clients in trademark Oppositions and Cancellations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Managed domestic and international trademark portfolios for clients in a wide variety of industries.
- Successfully represented clients in copyright and trademark litigation disputes in United States federal courts.
- Negotiated favorable settlements of copyright infringement disputes.
- Negotiated licensing deals with major footwear and consumer electronics companies.
- Conducted intellectual property due diligence on behalf of numerous clients.
- Counseled clients on trade dress protection and filing strategies.
- Co-Chair, New England Chapter of the Copyright Society of the United States
- International Trademark Association – Member, Trademark Reporter Committee
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Section of Intellectual Property Law
- New York State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- “Pitfalls of Madrid Protocol exposed by US requirements,” IMTA Review, Issue no. 368, September 2009